From Jeffrey Kesselman <>
Subject Re: Inter node communication over UDP
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 08:32:24 GMT
TCP/IP byte over-head v. UDP really isnt that much if your packets are
of any significant size (its 30 bytes).

And as others have pointed out you can easily get more over-head with
worse results trying to reinvent reliable transport on top of UDP.
Remember that TCP/IP has had 30 years of development and tuning.