From Marcus Bointon <mar...@synchromedia.co.uk>
Subject Re: EC2 node adding trouble
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 06:49:50 GMT
On 25 May 2011, at 02:10, aaron morton wrote:

> Check the listen_address and rpc_address in the yaml file for each node. I think they
are normally set to the private and public respectively.

On all modes, listen_address and rpc_address are blank and 0.0.0.0 respectively, the seed
node address uses an EC2 external elastic IP's DNS name so that it resolves correctly to the
seed's internal IP even if it changes. Those settings work fine for my existing pair - starting
and stopping the instances (resulting in internal IP changes) doesn't break anything. As far
as I can see, setting fixed IPs in here is a recipe for management nightmares on EC2.

Sound sane?

Marcus