From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Unicode key encoding problem when upgrading from 0.6.13 to 0.7.5
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 20:10:23 GMT
Can you provide some details of the data returned from you do the =
get_range() ? It will be interesting to see the raw bytes returned for =
the keys. The likely culprit is a change in the encoding. Can you also =
try to grab the bytes sent for the key when doing the single select that =
fails.=20

You can grab these either on the client and/or by turing on the logging =
the DEBUG in conf/log4j-server.properties

Thanks
Aaron

On 4 May 2011, at 03:19, Henrik Schröder wrote:

> The way we solved this problem is that it turned out we had only a few hundred rows with
unicode keys, so we simply extracted them, upgraded to 0.7, and wrote them back. However,
this means that among the rows, there are a few hundred weird duplicate rows with identical
keys.

> Is this going to be a problem in the future? Is there a chance that the good duplicate
is cleaned out in favour of the bad duplicate so that we suddnely lose those rows again?