From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Renaming cluster
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 01:51:48 GMT
I was looking in the wrong place, the code expects the data directory for the system keyspace
to be empty if it could not read from the LocationInfo CF.

Created a patch here  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2632 to see if it can
be changed.

In the mean time try removing all the files, restarting and then stopping. You should see
that only the LocationInfo has files in the system keyspace, put the Schema, Migration and
any other files back (other than the LocationInfo) and try starting again.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11 May 2011, at 06:11, Shaun Newman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is the actual error I get when I remove all LocationInfo files:
>
> ERROR 18:05:04,918 Fatal exception during initialization
> org.apache.cassandra.config.ConfigurationException: Found system table files, but they
couldn't be loaded. Did you change the partitioner?
>         at org.apache.cassandra.db.SystemTable.checkHealth(SystemTable.java:234)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.setup(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:128)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(AbstractCassandraDaemon.java:315)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:79)
>
> Shaun
>

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Can you provide the full error stack, it will show where it failed when starting up.

> AFAIK this i the correct process. I just did a quick test on a singe 0.7 node and it
could start up after removing the locations SSTables.

> If you go ahead with removing all the system sstables you can re-recreate the schema
and it will pickup the existing files. Also be aware that the initial token will be lost unless
it is in the conf file.