From Donal Zang <zan...@ihep.ac.cn>
Subject get_indexed_slices count api
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 21:21:58 GMT
Hi,
I'm query on cassandra like "select count(*) from table where column1 =
v1 and ...", based on a secondary index on column1.
But using get_indexed_slices(), I have to fetch all the rows and count
on them, which is not needed.
So a get_indexed_slices count api [1] would be very helpful, but it
seems no one is working on this now. (I see it's related to [2], which
is blocked by [3])

My question is :  Will get_indexed_slices count api be provided? Or I
should doing some CF-based indexes by myself like
http://www.anuff.com/2010/07/secondary-indexes-in-cassandra.html?

Thanks!
Donal

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2601 [1]