From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Renaming cluster
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 05:05:12 GMT
Can you provide the full error stack, it will show where it failed when starting up.

AFAIK this i the correct process. I just did a quick test on a singe 0.7 node and it could
start up after removing the locations SSTables.

If you go ahead with removing all the system sstables you can re-recreate the schema and it
will pickup the existing files. Also be aware that the initial token will be lost unless it
is in the conf file.

Hope that helps.
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer

On 10 May 2011, at 15:57, Shaun Newman wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to rename my cluster which has several keyspaces running on cassandra 0.7.5.
 When I try to remove the system files as suggested by
, I get "Could not read system table. Did you change partitioners?" error. If I remove all
the system files, the cluster does boot up well but I  loose the schema's of all CFs.
> Am I missing something or is this a bug. Can anyone suggest what would be the right approach?
> Many thanks in advance.
> Shaun

View raw message