From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Renaming cluster
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 05:05:12 GMT
Can you provide the full error stack, it will show where it failed when starting up.

AFAIK this i the correct process. I just did a quick test on a singe 0.7 node and it could
start up after removing the locations SSTables.

If you go ahead with removing all the system sstables you can re-recreate the schema and it
will pickup the existing files. Also be aware that the initial token will be lost unless it
is in the conf file.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 10 May 2011, at 15:57, Shaun Newman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to rename my cluster which has several keyspaces running on cassandra 0.7.5.
 When I try to remove the system files as suggested by http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#clustername_mismatch
, I get "Could not read system table. Did you change partitioners?" error. If I remove all
the system files, the cluster does boot up well but I  loose the schema's of all CFs.