From Marcus Bointon <mar...@synchromedia.co.uk>
Subject Re: Stable/unstable packages?
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 08:22:20 GMT
On 27 May 2011, at 10:10, Marcus Bointon wrote:

> Are there separate repos/packages for stable/unstable releases of Cassandra? I was a
bit surprised to find the official debian repo pushing out 0.8b2 as a normal update to the
cassandra package. Would it not be better to have a cassandra-unstable package for bleeding
edge and plain cassandra for stable? Maybe even cassandra-0.7 and cassandra-0.8 with a cassandra
virtual package pointing at the current stable release?

Ahem. I just found http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging so don't answer that one!

Marcus