From Konstantin Naryshkin <konstant...@a-bb.net>
Subject Re: Making a custom Cassandra RPM
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 21:43:35 GMT
I have subsequently gotten the RPM installed and working. I edited the SPEC to copy the CQL
and apache-cassandra-thrift JARs into the proper location. Is it worth submitting a diff to
the community or will it get rejected due to licenses?

Konstantin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Konstantin Naryshkin" <konstantinn@a-bb.net>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2011 2:56:43 PM
Subject: Re: Making a custom Cassandra RPM

Sorry that I did not get back to you on the issue. Your suggestion worked and I was able to
get the RPM to build. Unfortunately, it still does not work for me. I am getting the error
described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2549 .

I tried Cassandra 0.8 beta 1 tag (the one that is known to have the bug), the trunk as it
was around mid-day (Eastern time) yesterday, the trunk this morning, and the 0.8 beta 2 tag.

Konstantin