From Daniel Doubleday <daniel.double...@gmx.net>
Subject repair question
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 17:17:14 GMT
Hi all

I'm a bit lost: I tried a repair yesterday with only one CF and that didn't really work the
way I expected but I thought that would be a bug which only affects that special case.

So I tried again for all CFs.

I started with a nicely compacted machine with around 320GB of load. Total disc space on this
node was 1.1TB.

After it went out of disc space (meaning I received around 700GB of data) I had a very brief
look at the repair code again and it seems to me that the repairing node will get all data
for its range from all its neighbors.

Is that true and if so is it the intended behavior? If so one would rather need 5-6 times
of disc space given that compactions that need to run after the sstable rebuild also need
temp disc space.

Cheers,
Daniel