From chovatia jaydeep <chovatia_jayd...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: How to load schema non-programmatically? loadSchemaFromYAML doesn't work
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 20:26:33 GMT
Hi,

If you are looking for some utility for loading the schema they you can use schematool command
line utlity as:
$> schematool <host> <port> import|export

Thank you,
Jaydeep

________________________________
From: Jim the Standing Bear <standingbear@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 10 May 2011 1:16 PM
Subject: How to load schema non-programmatically? loadSchemaFromYAML doesn't work

Hi,

I am just learning Cassandra at the moment.  The O'Reilly book on
Cassandra says that I should be able to add the keyspace schema
definition to cassandra.yaml and then invoke loadSchemaFromYAML() to
load it.  I tried that but it didn't work (and I do realize this book
is a bit obsolete now).  Another post that I read says keyspace
definition in cassandra.yaml is ignored because cassandra now supports
programmatically loading schema.  However, I still would like to know
if there is a way to load it non-programmatically.  Thanks.

-- Jim