I have questions below.

1. In cassandra server, row key, column name and column value are saved in byte[], aren't they?

2. If I call hector's mutator.addInsertion(rowKey, cfName, HColumn<String, Integer>), does the transformation from String/Integer to byte[] occur at client? or server?

3. If 2 occurs at server, then which Type should I use with HColumn<Type, Type> to get the most performance of cassandra? client performance is out of concerns.

4. with RF 3 and random partitioner, does read iterations(paging) with range query work well? I mean whether row-keys order changes over iterations or not? (CL is QUORUM)

Sencerely.
Colin.