Hello,

The exception from the previous email was caused by a mistake of mine, sorry for that. I’ve fixed it, no more exceptions of the client (bulk loader) side but I’m getting now an exception in Cassandra. My configuration is simple: I have a single Cassandra instance running and I launch the bulk loader from a different box (using version 0.7.0).

ERROR 00:20:17,877 Fatal exception in thread Thread[MutationStage:33,5,main]

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Invalid localDeleteTime read: 0

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.BinaryVerbHandler.doVerb(BinaryVerbHandler.java:54)

        at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:63)

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Invalid localDeleteTime read: 0

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumnSerializer.deserialize(SuperColumn.java:356)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumnSerializer.deserialize(SuperColumn.java:313)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilySerializer.deserializeColumns(ColumnFamilySerializer.java:129)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilySerializer.deserialize(ColumnFamlySerializer.java:120)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationSerializer.defreezeTheMaps(RowMutation.java:385)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationSerializer.deserialize(RowMutation.java:395)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationSerializer.deserialize(RowMutation.java:353)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationMessageSerializer.deserialize(RowMutationMessage.java:81)

        at org.apache.cassandra.db.BinaryVerbHandler.doVerb(BinaryVerbHandler.java:42)

        ... 4 more

I have found some other discussion thread with e similar error but unfortunately no concrete response: http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Cassandra-0-7-beta3-BinaryMemtable-and-Supercolumns-td5730324.html

Thanks,

George