From tinhuty he <tinh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster IP question and Jconsole?
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 04:56:52 GMT
Maki, thanks for your reply. for the second question, I wasn't using the
loopback address, I was using the actually IP address for that server. I am
able to telnet to that IP on port 8081, but using jconsole failed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maki Watanabe
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 9:43 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Cc: tinhuty he
Subject: Re: cluster IP question and Jconsole?

127.0.0.2 to 127.0.0.5 are valid IP addresses. Those are just alias
addresses for your loopback interface.
Verify:
  % ifconfig -a

127.0.0.0/8 is for loopback, so you can't connect this address from
remote machines.
You may be able configure SSH port forwarding from your monitroing
host to cassandra node though I haven't try.

maki