From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra node throws NPE on startup
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 00:07:49 GMT
Thought you may have re-created the schema.

Kill the process like that should be ok, let us know if you get the error again.

Aaron

On 29 Apr 2011, at 02:56, Subscriber wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> what exactly do you mean?
> I restarted the cluster by calling
>
> 	> bin/cassandra -p pid.file
>
> on all three nodes. The first node is the (only) seed.
>
> Udo
>

> Am 27.04.2011 um 23:28 schrieb Aaron Morton:
>
>> What approach did you take to restarting the cluster?
>>
>> It looks like the keyspace name was changed and the log replay tried to write to
the old one.

>> Aaron
>>
>> On 28/04/2011, at 12:03 AM, Subscriber <subscriber@zfabrik.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> some more remarks.
>>> I renamed the commitlog directory on the third node so that cassandra cannot
see it on startup.
>>> Now the node starts fine. The problem seems to have something to do with the
commitlogs...

>>> Best Regards
>>> Udo

yesterday as a fresh installation (no upgrade).
cassandra works together with hadoop's map/reduce feature).

for a first wordcount m/r example ;-) I killed all nodes and restarted the cluster.
NullPointerException:

which is in resolution "cannot reproduce".