From Dan Washusen <...@reactive.org>
Subject Re: RE: batch_mutate failed: out of sequence response
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:22:43 GMT
It turns out that once a TProtocolException is thrown from Cassandra the connection is useless
for future operations. Pelops was closing connections when it detected TimedOutException,
TTransportException and UnavailableException but not TProtocolException. We have now changed
Pelops to close connections is all cases *except* NotFoundException.

Cheers,
--
Dan Washusen
On Friday, 8 April 2011 at 7:28 AM, Dan Washusen wrote:
> Pelops uses a single connection per operation from a pool that is backed by Apache Commons
Pool (assuming you're using Cassandra 0.7). I'm not saying it's perfect but it's NOT sharing
a connection over multiple threads.

> Dan Hendry mentioned that he sees these errors. Is he also using Pelops? From his comment
about retrying I'd assume not...