From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: which nodes contain the data? column family as indexes?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:22:10 GMT
By default all data for a keyspace, and it's CFs, are spread out over all nodes in the cluster.

If you want to see which endpoints have data for a particular key there is an operation on
the o.a.c.db.StorageService MBean you can use via JConsole. Some (out of date) docs here may
help http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/JmxInterface#org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.Operations.getNaturalEndpoints

Lots of articles here
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArticlesAndPresentations

Aaron

On 15 Apr 2011, at 04:32, tinhuty he wrote:

> I just started 5 nodes in a cluster and set a replica factor of 3 on a keyspace ks. My
question is how do I know which 3 nodes will contain the data of this keyspace(or particular
column family in this keyspace)?

> I often read that “use a separate column family for storing our indexes”, here is
link for that(http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/data_model/cfs_as_indexes), but it doesn’t
have more details. Could some one point me to more detailed documentation and samples for
this?