From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: nodetool move hammers the next node in the ring
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:40:09 GMT
Not that I know of, may be useful to be able to throttle things. But if the receiving node
has little head room it may still be overwhelmed.

Currently there is a single thread for streaming. If we were to throttle it may be best to
make it multi threaded with a single concurrent stream per end point.

Out of interest how many nodes do you have and whats the RF?

Aaron

On 6 Apr 2011, at 01:16, Jonathan Colby wrote:

> When doing a move, decommission, loadbalance, etc.  data is streamed to the next node
in such a way that it really strains the receiving node - to the point where it has a problem
serving requests.