From Subscriber <subscri...@zfabrik.de>
Subject Re: Cassandra node throws NPE on startup
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:54:23 GMT
But isn't their a better way than to delete the commitlogs?
What do I do when this happens in a productive system?

Ciao
Udo

Am 29.04.2011 um 02:07 schrieb aaron morton:

> Thought you may have re-created the schema.
>
> Kill the process like that should be ok, let us know if you get the error again.
>
> Aaron
>
> On 29 Apr 2011, at 02:56, Subscriber wrote:
>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> what exactly do you mean?
>> I restarted the cluster by calling
>>
>> 	> bin/cassandra -p pid.file
>>
>> on all three nodes. The first node is the (only) seed.
>>
>> Udo
>>

>> Am 27.04.2011 um 23:28 schrieb Aaron Morton:
>>
>>> What approach did you take to restarting the cluster?
>>>
>>> It looks like the keyspace name was changed and the log replay tried to write
to the old one.

>>> Aaron

yesterday as a fresh installation (no upgrade).
how cassandra works together with hadoop's map/reduce feature).

for a first wordcount m/r example ;-) I killed all nodes and restarted the cluster.

which is in resolution "cannot reproduce".