From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Column (byte[], byte[], long) - error in compilation and inserting
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:10:06 GMT
[moving to user list]

It's not clear to me what "the library" is that you're using or what
Cassandra version you're trying to talk to.

I'd recommend using the latest Hector 0.7 version, with Cassandra 0.7.5.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 3:59 PM, L Mckay <lmckaydownload@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a compilation error in the latest Cassandra library when I try to insert
data programatically using Java.

> using version 0.6.13 of the library
> Is there a new Column definition in the Column.java  or the jar file for version
>
> Do you have any complete examples in java that are working to add column families, in
add, update, delete, and remove?
> There also seems to be a mismatch when using a "long" datatype instead of the "clock"
when defining a new Column(byte[], byte[], timestamp).

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra