From Terje Marthinussen <tmarthinus...@gmail.com>
Subject multithreaded compaction
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 07:01:01 GMT
Hi,

I was testing the multithreaded compactions and with 2x6 cores (24 with HT)
it does seem a bit crazy with 24 compactions running concurrently.
It is probably not very good in terms of random I/O.

As such, I think I agree with the argument in 2191 that there should be a
config option for this.
Probably a default that is dynamic with 1 thread per column family +2 or 3
thread for parallel compactions outside of that could be good.

Any other opinions?

I guess the compaction thread pool should also show up in tpstats?

Regards,
Terje