From Milind Parikh <milindpar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodes reference by hostname and not IP
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:52:50 GMT
Most likely because in the wild, you can't assume a reliable DNS.

Just as an aside...This question comes up often in context of managing
Cassandra clusters;especially in elastic situations. Most CMDBs assume a
static name (host names/static IPs) for nodes. However this often proves to
be mismatched against dynamic systems such as Cassandra; but of course not
limited to it.

Regards
Milind