From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secondary Index Updates Break CLI and Client Code Reading :: DebugLog Attached
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 01:56:51 GMT
Addressed on the issue you created,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2436.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Fryar, Dexter <dexter.fryar@hp.com> wrote:
> I have also attached the debug log with each step attached. I've even tried going back
and updating the CF with the old index to no avail. You can insert/write all you want, but
reads will fail if you come across a row that included one of these cases.

> log4j-server.properties
>        log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,stdout,R

for a column that will get deleted or expired?

> 1) create a secondary index on a column with a validator and a default validator
> 2) insert a row
> 3) read and verify the row
> 4) update the CF/index/name/validator
> 5) read the CF and get an error (CLI or Pycassa)
>

> CLI Commands to create the row and CF/Index
>
> create column family cf_testing with comparator=UTF8Type and default_validation_class=UTF8Type
and column_metadata=[{column_name: colour, validation_class: LongType, index_type: KEYS}];

> set cf_testing['key']['colour']='1234';
> list cf_testing;
>
> update column family cf_testing with comparator=UTF8Type and default_validation_class=UTF8Type
and column_metadata=[{column_name: color, validation_class: LongType, index_type: KEYS}];

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra