From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stress testing disk configurations. Your thoughts?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:24:48 GMT
Separate commitlog matters the most when you are

(a) doing mixed read/write workload (i.e. most real-world scenarios) and
(b) using full CL durability (batch mode rather than default periodic sync)

If your hot data set fits in memory, reads are about as fast as
writes. Otherwise they will be substantially slower since they have to
do random i/o.

I definitely recommend #2 over #3, btw.

--
Jonathan Ellis