From Roshan Dawrani <>
Subject Re: Dropping a built in secondary index on a CF
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 06:50:29 GMT
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Xaero S <> wrote:

> You just need to use the update column family command on the cassandra-cli
> and specify the columns and their metadata. To get the metadata of the
> columns in the CF, you can do describe keyspace <keyspacename>. Keep in mind
> that, in your update CF command, the other columns that must continue to
> have the secondary index must be specified, otherwise, your data goes bad.

Thank you.

> Request the community to correct me if i am wrong.

I will just wait for a little confirmation if someone has tried it.

For these built-in secondary indexes, another Column Family is created
behind the scenes, isn't it? Will that be automatically dropped when I
update the column meta data to drop an index and keep others?

Twitter: @roshandawrani <>
Skype: roshandawrani

View raw message