From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestion: sstable2json to ignore TTL
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:58:43 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Timo Nentwig <timo.nentwig@toptarif.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What about a simple option for sstable2json to not print out expiration TTL+LocalDeletionTime
(maybe even ignore isMarkedForDelete)? I want to move old data from a live cluster (with TTL)
to an archive cluster (->data does not expire there).

> BTW is there a smarter way to do this? Actually I'd like to dump only new data (i.e.
data after a certain timestamp).

Hacking a separate copy of SSTable2json is trivial. Just look for the
section of the code that writes the data and change what it writes. If
you can make it a knob --nottl then it could be included in Cassandra
core if the project thinks it has global appeal.

Edward