From David McNelis <dmcne...@agentisenergy.com>
Subject JDBC Driver issue in 0.8beta1
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:45:13 GMT
I have a feeling that I'm likely doing something dumb.  I have  the
following code compiling without any issues:

String url = null;
try {
     Class.forName("org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraDriver");
      url = "jdbc:cassandra:username/password@localhost:9160/keyspace";
      Connection conn =  DriverManager.getConnection(url);
} catch (ClassNotFoundException e1) {
   e1.printStackTrace();
}

However, at runtime I get a DriverResolverException at CassandraConnection,
line 103, that "Required Field 'replication_factor' was not found.  I tried
adding a Properties object with a key of "replication_factor" and a value of
0, but that didn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.  When I looked at
the test classes there isn't anything showing up that looks like it is
explicitly setting a rep-factor.  Am I missing something in my attempt to
create the connection?  Or am do I likely have something mis-configured in
my cassandra instance (which is stock, outside of having data upgraded from
0.7.2.

--
*David McNelis*
Lead Software Engineer

*A Smart Grid technology company focused on helping consumers of energy
control an often under-managed resource.*