From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: flush_largest_memtables_at messages in 7.4
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:07:08 GMT
> Yes

Without checking I don't know the details of the memtable threshold
calculations enough to be sure whether large columns are somehow
causing the size estimations to be ineffective (off hand I would
expect the reverse since the overhead of the Java object structures
become much less significant); but if this is not the case, then this
particular problem should be a matter of adjusting heap size according
to your memtable thresholds. I.e., increase heap size and/or decrease
memtable flush thresholds.

--
/ Peter Schuller