From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Tombstones and memtable_operations
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 01:15:55 GMT
Thats what I was looking for, thanks.

At first glance the behaviour looks inconsistent, we count the number of columns in the delete
mutation. But when deleting a row the column count is zero. I'll try to take a look later.

In the mean time you can force a memtable via JConsole, navigate down to the CF and look for
the forceFlush() operation.

On 20 Apr 2011, at 09:39, Héctor Izquierdo Seliva wrote:

> El mié, 20-04-2011 a las 09:08 +1200, aaron morton escribió:
>> Yes, I saw that.
>> Wanted to know what "issue deletes through pelops" means so I can work out what command
it's sending to cassandra and hopefully I don't waste my time looking in the wrong place.

>> Aaron
> Oh, sorry. Didn't get what you were asking. I use this code:
> RowDeletor deletor = Pelops.createRowDeletor(keySpace);
> deletor.deleteRow(cf, rowId, ConsistencyLevel.QUORUM);
> which seems to be calling
> org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra.Client.remove.
> I hope this is useful

View raw message