From Jonathan Colby <jonathan.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodetool move hammers the next node in the ring
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 06:26:36 GMT
thanks for the response Aaron.   Our cluster has 6 nodes with 10 GB load on each.   RF=3.
  AMD 64 bit Blades, Quad Core, 8 GB ram,  running Debian Linux.  Swap off.  Cassandra 0.7.4

On Apr 6, 2011, at 2:40 AM, aaron morton wrote:

> Not that I know of, may be useful to be able to throttle things. But if the receiving
node has little head room it may still be overwhelmed.

> Currently there is a single thread for streaming. If we were to throttle it may be best
to make it multi threaded with a single concurrent stream per end point.

> Out of interest how many nodes do you have and whats the RF?
>
> Aaron
>

> On 6 Apr 2011, at 01:16, Jonathan Colby wrote:
>

>> When doing a move, decommission, loadbalance, etc.  data is streamed to the next
node in such a way that it really strains the receiving node - to the point where it has a
problem serving requests.