From Tomas Vondra ...@fuzzy.cz>
Subject multiple nodes sharing the same IP
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 23:58:24 GMT
Hi all,

I have a very simple question - is it possible to operate multiple
cassandra nodes on the same IP?

I'm a complete newbie so I've been playing with a bunch of local nodes,
struggling to build a ring. It took me a lot of time until I set up two
nodes on diffent IP addresses (localhost and an IP assigned to the eth
interface) and suddenly everything started to work.

It seems a bit strange that you can set storage/rpc/jmx port but it's
not possible to set port for a seed (at least I haven't found a way to
do that).

Do I really need to set virtual IPs, or have I missed something?

regards
Tomas