From Karl Hiramoto <k...@hiramoto.org>
Subject Re: repair never completes with "finished successfully"
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:39:20 GMT
On 12/04/2011 13:31, Jonathan Colby wrote:
> There are a few other threads related to problems with the nodetool repair in 0.7.4.
 However I'm not seeing any errors, just never getting a message that the repair completed
successfully.

> In my production and test cluster (with just a few MB data)  the repair nodetool prompt
never returns and the last entry in the cassandra.log is always something like:

> #<TreeRequest manual-repair-f739ca7a-bef8-4683-b249-09105f6719d9, /10.46.108.102,
(DFS,main)>  completed successfully: 1 outstanding

> But I don't see a message, even hours later, that the 1 outstanding request "finished
successfully".

> Anyone else experience this?  These are physical server nodes in local data centers and
not EC2

I've seen this.   To fix it  try a "nodetool compact" then repair.

--
Karl