From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ditching Cassandra
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:26:56 GMT

On Apr 1, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Eric Evans wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 09:52 -0500, Jeremiah Jordan wrote:
>> Quick comment on libraries for different languages.
>> The libraries for different languages should almost ALWAYS look
>> different.  They should look like what someone using that language
>> expects an API to look like.
>
> +1 The language APIs should be idiomatic.

I think one of the intentions/benefits of the CQL foundation with in-tree drivers is that
a lot of the heavy lifting that clients previously had to implement is taken care of.  This
way, the the only thing for the higher level client to do is to make things idiomatic, and
sometimes only minimally, depending on how sophisticated the drivers are.  Perhaps the higher
level client would just mold the driver to a particular language specific framework like to
fit in with spring, or rails, or sql alchemy, or django, or an orm or whatever.