From "Desimpel, Ignace" <Ignace.Desim...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Question about AbstractType class
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:15:13 GMT
Thanks Sylvain. Your answer already helped me out a lot! I was using a
ByteBuffer.get function that is changing the ByteBuffer's position. And
I got all kinds of stranges effects and exceptions I didn't get in
0.6.x. Changed that code and all problems are gone...

Many thanks!!
Ignace

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Lebresne [mailto:sylvain@datastax.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:04 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question about AbstractType class

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Desimpel, Ignace
<Ignace.Desimpel@nuance.com> wrote:
> As said above, the remaing bytes won't (always) be the actual bytes.

Sorry I answered a bit quickly, I meant to say that the actual bytes
won't (always) be the full backing array.
That is, we never guarantee that BB.arrayOffset() == 0, nor
BB.position() == 0, nor BB.limit() == backingArray.length.
But the remaining() bytes will be the actual bytes, my bad.

--
Sylvain