From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: 0.7.5 Debian packages - can't upgrade?
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 01:18:44 GMT
On Sat, 2011-04-30 at 09:34 +1000, Dan Washusen wrote:
> > sudo aptitude update
>
> sudo aptitude safe-upgrade
>

> The upgrade shows this:
>
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Reading extended state information
> > Initializing package states... Done
> > No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
> > 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and *1 not
> upgraded*.
> > Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Reading extended state information
> > Initializing package states... Done
>

> The above mentions that 1 package wasn't upgraded (I assume this is
> 0.7.5).
>  Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Usually this means that upgrading would install a new package (i.e. that
it picked up a new dependency), which shouldn't be the case.  You might
try an `aptitude full-upgrade' just to see what that might be.  You
could also try pasting the output of `apt-cache policy && apt-cache
policy cassandra' to the list.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com