From pankajsoni0126 <>
Subject Re: advice for EC2 deployment
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:55:19 GMT
I have been trying to deploy Cassandra cluster across regions and for that I
posted this "IP address resolution in MultiDC setup".

But when it is to get nodes talking to each other on different regions say,
us-east and us-west over private IP's of EC2 nodes I am facing problems.

I am assuming if Cassandra is built for multi-DC setup it should be easily
deployed with node1's DC1's public IP listed as seed in all nodes in DC2 and
to gain idea about network topology? I have hit a dud for deployment in such

Or is it there any way possible to use Private IP's for such a scenario in
EC2, as Public Ip are less secure and costly?

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message