From mcasandra <>
Subject Re: Heads up: restarting a node with autobootstrap=true after nodetool move will re-bootstrap the node in 0.7.0-0.7.4
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 00:16:12 GMT
Thanks for the info!

Does this also happens if initial_token is set?

Also, I am unable to understand the last line in that JIRA

> A potential complication was that seed nodes were moved without using the
> correct procedure of de-seeding them first. This was clearly wrong

What is de-seeding and why would it cause this problem? Relation of seeding
and auto_bootstrap always confuses me. If and when you have time can you
please explain it to me.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message