From Jonathan Colby <jonathan.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What will be the steps for adding new nodes
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:14:55 GMT
Your questions are pretty fundamental.  I recommend reading through the documentation to get
a better understanding of how Cassandra works.

Here's good documentation from DataStax:

http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/operations/clustering#adding-capacity

In a nutshell: you only bootstrap new nodes, all nodes should have the same seed list, old
nodes don't have to be restarted

On Apr 16, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Roni wrote:

> I have a 0.6.4 Cassandra cluster of two nodes in full replica (replica factor 2). I wants
to add two more nodes and balance the cluster (replica factor 2).