From "Jeremiah Jordan" <JEREMIAH.JOR...@morningstar.com>
Subject Changing replica placement strategy
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:01:09 GMT
If I am currently only running with one data center, can I change the
replica_placement_strategy from
org.apache.cassandra.locator.RackUnawareStrategy to
org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy without issue?  We
are planning to add another data center in the near future and want to
be able to use NetworkTopologyStrategy.  I am pretty sure
RackUnawareStrategy and NetworkTopologyStrategy pick the same nodes to
put data on if there is only one DC, so it should be ok right?

________________________________
Jeremiah Jordan
Application Developer
Morningstar, Inc.

Morningstar. Illuminating investing worldwide.

+1 312 696-6128 voice
jeremiah.jordan@morningstar.com

www.morningstar.com

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. Any
dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication
without prior written consent from Morningstar is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the materials from any computer.