Hi,

Sure. Here is a sample of how we define it at the end of cassandra.yaml.

In the keyspace MyApp, it defines a column family MyUser, that has secondary indexes on 2 String columns - firstname, and lastname.

Does it help?

keyspaces:
    - name: MyApp
      replica_placement_strategy: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy
      replication_factor: 1
      column_families:
        - name: MyUser
          compare_with: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
          column_metadata:
            - name: firstname
              validator_class: UTF8Type
              index_type: KEYS