Hi All,
      I am using the following code as per suggestion by Ruslan
           tr = new TSocket(url, port,timeout);
           TTransport transport= new TFramedTransport(tr);
            TProtocol proto = new TBinaryProtocol(transport);
            client = new Cassandra.Client(proto);

But I am getting the error

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.write(TIOStreamTransport.java:142)
    at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.flush(TFramedTransport.java:156)
    at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.send_set_keyspace(Cassandra.java:414)
    at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.set_keyspace(Cassandra.java:403)
Please suggest why is this an error