2011/3/8 Paul Pak <ppak@yellowseo.com>
Hi Ruslan,

It looks like Jonathan and Stu have already been working to reduce garbage collection on v.8  The ticket is at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2252

Jonathan, is there any way to apply the patch to .73 and have ruslan test it to see if it fixes his issue with Garbage collection?  Given the fact that he's already got a test case, it seems like a reasonable thing to do (with the caveat that he is a guinea pig for new code which may not be fully tested yet :) .

Thanks Paul for information, it very informative. But how this work at others. I see that situation stay better when i increase heap size to 7GB, but nodes still frozen truth not so frequent as before, but still, also but I don;t probe this i think that setting -Xmn to something bigger then 800M may give benefit (http://java.sun.com/performance/reference/whitepapers/tuning.html)