I also wrote a script to help dealing with firing up a Cassandra cluster on
localhost. It is a bit more extensive in that it deals with how many
node you want (though on a local host you won't probably be able to go too crazy)
and allow to easily create/start/stop/remove a cluster (and a few more things).

I'm using it mainly for testing Cassandra code but it can probably be useful
as well for proof-checking the way Cassandra works.

For those interested, it's here: https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm

--
Sylvain

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote: