Morning folks,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my setup of Cassandra, or with phpCassa....there is an open question on StackOverflow that is very similar to what I am experiencing (1).   In short, I can connect using PHP from the same machine that Cassandra is running on.  I can connect with cassandra cli from both the "Cassandra" box and from externally.  However, when I try to connect using PHP (specifically phpcassa) from an external machine, I get hit with a Timeout error.

Both machines are running PHP 5.3 on CentOS 5.

In my cassandra.yaml file I tried changing my listen_address to my server's IP address instead of 127.0.0.1 and that caused me not to be able to connect in general.  My rpc_address is 0.0.0.0.

Has anyone else experienced this or have an inclination where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

--
David McNelis
Lead Software Engineer

A Smart Grid technology company focused on helping consumers of energy control an often under-managed resource.