AFAIK it's recommended to have two seed nodes per dc.

Some info on seeds here http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/operations/clustering

You will need a restart.

Aaron

On 2/03/2011, at 6:08 AM, shan.lu@accenture.com wrote:

How many seed nodes should I have for a cluster of 100 nodes each with about 500gb of data? Also to add seeds the nodes, must I change the seed nodes list on all existing nodes through the Cassandra.yaml file? Will changes take effect without restarting the node?

Shan (Susie) Lu,  Analyst

Accenture Technology Labs - Silicon Valley

cell  +1 425.749.2546

email shan.lu@accenture.com