Hi Ruslan,

It looks like Jonathan and Stu have already been working to reduce garbage collection on v.8  The ticket is at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2252

Jonathan, is there any way to apply the patch to .73 and have ruslan test it to see if it fixes his issue with Garbage collection?  Given the fact that he's already got a test case, it seems like a reasonable thing to do (with the caveat that he is a guinea pig for new code which may not be fully tested yet :) .

Paul