From Chris Goffinet ...@chrisgoffinet.com>
Subject Re: Advice on mmap related swapping issue
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:56:45 GMT
The easiest way to get memlock to work after putting the jna jar in your classpath is just
run this before:

ulimit -a unlimited

in your init script or before starting cassandra. The default for max locked memory is 32KB
on older kernels, and 64KB on newer ones.

-Chris

On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:52 PM, Adi wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM, ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> 2011/3/22 Adi <adi.pandit@gmail.com>
> I have been going through the mailing list and compiling suggestions to address the swapping
due to mmap issue.

> 1) Use JNA (done but)
> Are these steps also required:
> - Start Cassandra with CAP_IPC_LOCK (or as "root"). (not done)
>
> And what is CAP_IPC_LOCK?
>
> I saw that suggestion in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1214.
>
> I do not yet know how to run cassandra or a java process with that privilege, still researching
and hoping my sysadmin knows better.