From Chris Goffinet>
Subject Re: Advice on mmap related swapping issue
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:56:45 GMT
The easiest way to get memlock to work after putting the jna jar in your classpath is just
run this before:

ulimit -a unlimited

in your init script or before starting cassandra. The default for max locked memory is 32KB
on older kernels, and 64KB on newer ones.

On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:52 PM, Adi wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM, ruslan usifov <> wrote:
> 2011/3/22 Adi <>
> I have been going through the mailing list and compiling suggestions to address the swapping
due to mmap issue.
> 1) Use JNA (done but)
> Are these steps also required:
> - Start Cassandra with CAP_IPC_LOCK (or as "root"). (not done)
> And what is CAP_IPC_LOCK?
> I saw that suggestion in
> I do not yet know how to run cassandra or a java process with that privilege, still researching
and hoping my sysadmin knows better.
> Allow locking of shared memory segments
> Allow mlock and mlockall (which doesn't really have anything to do with IPC)

View raw message