From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: add new data directory to cassandra
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:08:31 GMT
AFAIK Cassandra will just pick the directory with the most space.

Also AFAIK using multiple directories should only be considered a safety valve to fix problems
such as the one you describe see http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg07874.html

Aaron

On 31 Mar 2011, at 15:14, Anurag Gujral wrote:

> Hi All,
>           I had a single directory designated as data file directory in cassandra ,but
it ran out of space .I am adding a new data directory in addition to the one I have .What
should I do so that cassandra  balance the space on both of them.