From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Option for ordering columns by timestamp in CF
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:08:09 GMT
If you mean order by the column timestamp (as passed by the client) that it not possible.

Can you use your own timestamps as the column name and store them as long values ?

Aaron

On 25 Mar 2011, at 09:30, Narendra Sharma wrote:

> Cassandra 0.7.4
> Column names in my CF are of type byte[] but I want to order columns by timestamp. What
is the best way to achieve this? Does it make sense for Cassandra to support ordering of columns
by timestamp as option for a column family irrespective of the column name type?