From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: setting consistency level
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:49:57 GMT
Consistency is set by the client for each read or write requests. You define the Replication
Factor when creating the Keyspace, either in cassandra.yaml or as part of the create keyspace
statement using the cassandra-cli.

For background...
Check the docs if any for the high level client you are using
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/API
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArticlesAndPresentations

Hope that helps
Aaron

On 8/03/2011, at 8:45 PM, Sagar Kohli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can we define consistency level in yaml file(or at the time of designing cassandra data
modal), my question may sound stupid since m still in process of understanding Cassandra J…

Hadoop/ NoSQL projects for 2011 at www.impetus.com/featured_webinar?eventid=37

> Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling or visit www.impetus.com to know more.

interception or interference.