From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 0.6.3 ring not balance in terms of data size
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:40:02 GMT
With the Order Preserving Partitioner you are responsible for balancing the rows around the
cluster, http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations?highlight=%28partitioner%29#Token_selection

Was there a reason for using the ordered partitioner rather than the random one?

What does the output from nodetool ring look like ?

You can change the token for the small node so that it takes ownership of more of the data
see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Moving_nodes You will need to understand the
row keys you are using and pick the token appropriately.

Hope that helps.
Aaron

On 17 Mar 2011, at 22:50, Ali Ahsan wrote:

> Hi All
>
> We are running Cassandra 0.6.3,We have two node's with replication factor one and ordered
partitioning.Problem we are facing at the moment all data is being send to one Cassandra node
 and its filling up quite rapidly and we are short of disk space.Unfortunately we have hardware
constrain and we cannot add more hard disks.my current ring situation is that one node contain
89 GB and other have only 500 MB we are not able to sort this out why this is happening.Please
give suggestion how can we solve this issue asap.